Saturday, 23 March 2013

Filmmaking News for Feb 21

Make sure you click "display images below" or this filmmaking email will look silly.

Here is your Filmmaking Stuff!

Filmmaking_Stuff_FacebookFilmmaking_Stuff_Twitter
Please feel free to share your thoughts and comment on any of the filmmaking stuff.
- - - 
Five Steps to Make a Living in Filmmaking
If you want to make a living in filmmaking, you’re in the right place. The one thing I absolutely love about being a filmmaker is that I am my own boss. I don’t have to punch a clock, I don’t have to do every single gig that comes along, and I can do things my...

Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/YL7p-8R6MgA/
 
- - - 
Who Else Wants To Make A Movie?
Whenever I give talks on modern moviemaking, there is invariably someone in the audience who asks if I would personally produce his or her brilliant idea into a movie. In answering this question, I have to ask why the person wants to make movies? “Because I want to be famous.” At this point my jaw...
Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/Lm4BRX38Og4/
 
- - - 
How To Grow Your Filmmaking Network
A filmmaker is also a leader. Your film will succeed or fail based on the strength of your team. And while it is great to know a little bit about a lot, it is impossible that you will be good in everything. Your goal as a filmmaker is to gain clarity on your strengths and...

Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/5TzBP7IgJII/
 
- - - 
Top Filmmaking Excuses and How To Avoid Them
As a filmmaker, taking action is everything. But sometimes this is easy to say, but tough to execute. Over the past two weeks, I have been getting a bunch of emails from Hollywood hopefuls who want to make movies or write screenplays or do something. But for some reason...

Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/48d_ZegmYkM/
 
- - - 
Stop Rewriting And Start Filmmaking
Most filmmakers spend too much time in screenplay rewriting mode, when they should start making their movie. Stop it. Get your screenplay to a point where you aren’t going to keep changing things. How do you know when you are ready to lock your screenplay? Only you can decide. But just in case you were...

Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/FoEW93urA9Y/
 
- - -
Get out there. Take action and make your movie now!
 
Happy Filmmaking,
 
Jason Brubaker
Filmmaking Stuff
Brubaker Unlimited LLC
Filmmaking Stuff provides resources for filmmakers, including articles on film finance, screenwriting, production, marketing and film distribution, as well as interviews with Hollywood producers, directors, screenwriters and filmmakers.
If you are a filmmaker or an industry professional with something to share, you are welcome to submit an article to Filmmaking Stuff. Click Here
Does your local Film Festival have Panel Discussions? Jason Brubaker is happy participate. His primary topic is Video On Demand distribution. Click Here

finish your screenplay

get money to make your movie

digital self distribution

production management for filmmakers

become a director

movie business plan software
 

Affiliate Disclosure

Some of the links may be affiliate links. This means I get paid to recommend various products and services. Your price will not be affected. Please conduct your own due-diligence prior to making ANY purchases everywhere on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment