Please feel free to share your thoughts and comment on any of the filmmaking stuff.
- - -
Free Filming Locations and Other Favors
Many filmmakers limit opportunities based on misguided beliefs. In order to make a feature film, many of these Hollywood hopefuls set their sights on raising a gazillion dollars. But without a track record or a working understanding of how to connect the dots, many would-be filmmakers fall short. I blame the gurus who [...]
Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/ySCcb911IZY/
- - -
Time to Make A Movie
When I was starting my filmmaking career, an industry veteran told me to put blinders on, focus and go for it. And with this advice, he also mentioned the importance of a clearly written plan. If you have been taking baby steps towards the realization of your movie, then sooner or later it will be [...]
Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/bovxHuKQUrk/
- - -
How To Avoid Filmmaking Headaches
As a filmmaker, you are focused on making a movie. You have a gazillion things on your plate. And the last thing you need is more movie production paperwork. I know the feeling. A few years back, I was on the festival circuit with a movie. And over coffee, I heard this story about some [...]
Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/VeGxvD5Ut54/
- - -
Crowdfunding Total Frat Movie
Anyone that’s every worked on a film knows that money is always tight and can only be stretched so far. That’s one of the reasons that so many people are turning to crowdfunding to help supplement the budgets of their films. In the last year, well-established filmmakers like David Fincher, Charlie Kaufman and Paul Schrader [...]
Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/rPKu6uAYdGI/
- - -
Screenwriting Tips For Low Budget Filmmaking
I started screenwriting when I was 10. I wrote epic stories that took place in weird and wonderful worlds. They were both spectacular and breath-taking. The only problem was that they would have required a budget in the hundreds of millions to produce. About two years ago, I got a punch [...]
Read more and comment: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/V-9mfXtQFSY/
- - -
Get out there. Take action and make your movie NOW!
Happy Filmmaking,
Jason Brubaker
Filmmaking Stuff Brubaker Unlimited LLC
|
Filmmaking Stuff provides resources for filmmakers, including articles on film finance, screenwriting, production, marketing and film distribution, as well as interviews with Hollywood producers, directors, screenwriters and filmmakers.
|
If you are a filmmaker or an industry professional with something to share, you are welcome to submit an article to Filmmaking Stuff. Click Here
|
| Does your local Film Festival have Panel Discussions? Jason Brubaker is happy participate. His primary topic is Video On Demand distribution. Click Here |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment