With Sundance around the corner, it is always fun to anticipate which movies will get the spotlight. I am crossing my fingers for "Emanuel and the Truth about Fishes" mainly because my buddy is in it.
Sundance invigorates the indie filmmaking community and helps us kick the year off with some buzz. So with that said, if you want to make and sell a movie, make this year your year!
Below you will find some inspiring filmmaking articles. Please feel free to share your thoughts and comment on any of the filmmaking stuff.
What They Don’t Teach You In Flimmaking Class
A few years ago I worked with the director confident in his ability. He had gone to film school, had directed many shorts and he was very talented. But I learned what they don’t teach you in flimmaking class. The problem was, outside of being a good director, our ex-friend lacked integrity...
Read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/AwgQ9bpRaLg/
- - - What You Need To Know About Encoding
Movie distribution is changing. While theatrical and DVD are still viable marketplaces, video on demand is considered the wild west. It is the future. So if you are making a movie right now, odds are good that some form of VOD is going to reign supreme in your distribution strategy...
Read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/DNhWfEvyShM/
- - - Hire (name) Actors
Attaching the right talent to your movie can be the difference between long term success or failure. And for a filmmaker gaining experience, this process can be daunting. Back when I started out, I had no idea how to find a casting director or what to say to them. But it is important to remember that many industry professionals will take on smaller jobs in-between bigger projects...
Read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/sxCKLfFk5_g/
- - - How To Make Your Movie No Matter What
I remember the day I graduated from Art School with a B.F.A. in filmmaking, inspired to take charge of the world and make films. Three months later I found myself moving back in with my parents and...
Read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/X3_7VLfDSa0/
- - - Jason Faller Makes Movies
I am always impressed by filmmakers who take action and make their movie without asking permission. Jason Faller is one such filmmaker. He produces, markets and sells his own movies. And I believe he embodies the entrepreneurial spirit of the Modern Moviemaker. He stopped by Filmmaking Stuff to provide some tips...
Read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FilmmakingStuff/~3/n8PpGx-uM9I/
Jason Brubaker
Filmmaking Stuff Brubaker Unlimited LLC
|
Filmmaking Stuff provides resources for filmmakers, including articles on film finance, screenwriting, production, marketing and film distribution, as well as interviews with Hollywood producers, directors, screenwriters and filmmakers.
|
| Write For Filmmaking Stuff |
If you are a filmmaker or an industry professional with something to share, you are welcome to submit an article to Filmmaking Stuff. Click Here
|
| Ask Jason Brubaker To Speak |
Does your local Film Festival have Panel Discussions? Jason Brubaker is happy participate. His primary topic is Video On Demand distribution. Click Here |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment